Family & Pets
We've got the LOZO on how to save on everything you need for your kids, your pets, and things around the house. Learn how to find the very best discounts on clothing, shoes and jewelry, save money on school supplies, and more!
- Dress in fashion all season, at end-of-season prices | Clothing
If you just have to have the new fashion before it goes on sale, work the system. At the beginning of a season it can be hard to find a discount better than 20-30% off. Buy from a store with a liberal return policy - try for 90-180 days. Hold onto [...]
- Split up your purchases to maximize use of multiple coupons | Toys & Games | Clothing | Jewelry & Accessories | Personal Care & Beauty | School & Office Supplies
Shoppers who have The LOZO know to always try to use coupons whenever they make a purchase. Some stores are quite stingy with the coupons they offer, so you're happy to get your hands on any of them. But some stores are known for frequently issuing [...]
- Optimize tiered discounts for the biggest savings | Clothing | Jewelry & Accessories | Baby Food & Products | Personal Care & Beauty
You've probably seen offers that look something like this: 20% off $25 in merchandise OR 30% off $40, OR 40% off $60. The industry term for this is a "tiered offer" since you have different tiers you can climb to get to each next savings [...]
- Find the best toy discounts right after the holidays… or anytime | Toys & Games
You can rely on big discounts on toys during the week after Christmas, when retailers try to get rid of extra inventory, and of course Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving). However in an effort to boost sales throughout the year, toy retailers [...]
- Get toys for free by swapping with friends, family and neighbors | Toys & Games
One of the best ways to acquire new toys without spending a dime is to swap them with other families. Host a toy swap party or play date, where everyone brings a few toys their child no longer plays with, and everyone can leave with a few toys that [...]
- Cut costs on your next kid's party--but still have it look great!
As every parent knows, buying themed cups, plates, napkins and more for a kid's birthday party can become really costly. An inside tip from parents who have the LOZO: buy a tablecloth with your child's favorite characters, but stick with plain, [...]
- Never use "two stamps"! | School & Office Supplies
Not all letters can be mailed for the regular 49 cent first class rate, however using two 49 cent stamps without knowing the actual rate is just wasting money. What to do? Use the USPS tool to [...]
- Go for generic supplies | School & Office Supplies
Store or generic brands will work just as well as name brands most of the time, and often for considerable savings. Your clients won’t know that you’re using the 88-cent sticky notes instead of the $1.10 ones.
The average family will [...]
- Reuse instead of re-buy | School & Office Supplies
With a little creativity, you can save money on supplies all around the office. For example, take printer paper that has been used on one side, and cut it in to quarters. Then make a small stack and staple in one corner. Voila – instant notepad. [...]
- Join the office supplies club | School & Office Supplies
Supply stores regularly send out coupons and announcements of sales via email and regular mail to customers on their mailing lists. It's free to signup and well worth the extra junk mail for the supplies' discounts you can score. In addition, [...]
- Dollar store finds: craft and home supplies | School & Office Supplies
At your local dollar store you should be able to find lots of items for home decoration and crafting. They have everything from candles and picture frames to mirrors and art supplies. Also look out for gift wrapping supplies and things to stock the [...]
- Dollar store finds: art and school supplies | School & Office Supplies
Hunt for bargains on school supplies and art supplies at the local dollar stores. You should be able to find everything from pencils and paper to paint, paintbrushes, notebooks, canvasses and other craft supplies, all much cheaper than buying from a [...]
- Buy school supplies in bulk | School & Office Supplies
During back-to-school sales you can find some great deals on school supplies, just sometimes you have to buy in bulk. Some items like pencils, paper, & notebooks will last for many years, so stock up. For other items, or if you won't ever get [...]
- Sign up for free baby clubs to save money on diapers and more | Diapers
Sign-up directly with your favorite diapers brand to get free samples, coupons and more:
Also look in to baby clubs and loyalty programs offered by your local department stores and supermarkets.
- Don't get tricked by misleading sales and coupons | Clothing
Some sales are great. Others are just designed to sound that way. LOZO exposes these tricks of the trade and shows you how to get the most value out of any sale, whatever the promotion. Here are some of the "classic" misleading promotions that [...]
- Use free resources before calling the vet | Pet Care
Pet healthcare can be very expensive, as any pet owner knows. There are times when an unplanned trip to the vet is unavoidable, but--other times--you may find what you need from one of the many free resources available to you. Here are some of our [...]
- Comparison shop for medicines | Medicines & Healthcare
These days the corner drugstore is not the only place to get refills on medication which means you can comparison shop to find the best possible price.
Unfortunately, there are still no good search engine to compare prices for prescription [...]
- Compare your own insurance vs. your employers | Medicines & Healthcare
With employers continuing to cut back on insurance benefits, you might find your costs are higher than ever. It's worth checking eHealthInsurance for options to get your own care, since you are not obligated to use the one your employer offers. If [...]
- Order pet medications online | Pet Care
Companies like PetCareRX and 1-800-PETMEDS offer medicines and products like flea-prevention at cheaper prices than pet supply stores.
- Consider discount programs like PetAssure | Pet Care
PetAssure offers discounts on vet services and pet suppliers from participating vets and retailers. Membership ranges from $6 per month to $149 per year depending on how many large and small animals are covered.
Page 1 of 2
next page >