When it comes to college, nothing is cheap. Tuition, textbooks,
laundry… it all adds up, but LOZO’s here to help! We’ve compiled all the best tips and resources for you right here. If you know what you need, check out our Quick Links, to the right. If
you need a little more guidance, dive in below!
While this page is devoted specifically to college, plenty of other LOZO categories might help you as well. Check 'em out:
- Back to School Shopping Trip: Staples (week of July 22)
Read this article to see how we got $30 worth of great back-to-school products for free and actually got $2 back! We'll show you how it's done.
- Back to School: 12 Easy Ways to Save Money This School Year
It seems like summer has only just begun and, yet—believe it or not—it’s time to start planning so you can get the best savings on all your back-to-school supplies.
Since it is summer, though, we’ve tried to make this as easy as [...]
- What is a 529 Savings Plan?
SavingforCollege.com has written a great article explaining all the in's and out's of 529 Savings Plans. In short, these plans are savings programs run by the state in an effort to help families save money for college. They can be an incredibly [...]
- How to Save on School Supplies
With major expenses like tuition, housing, food and textbooks putting a crunch on your wallet, the last thing you need is to break the bank with the little things, too.
Follow these simple steps and you should be able to get your school [...]
- Are You a Nascar Fan? Check Out These Tips.
If you're a Nascar fan, you're probably tuning into the Friday night Nascar Nationwide race (9/10/10 7pm ET ESPN2) at Richmond International Raceway. The event is headlined by Virginia 529 College Savings, a perfect fit with LOZO's mission to [...]
- The Best Student Discounts
One of the great things about being a student is that you get plenty of discounts. Though a lot of student discounts come and go based on the whim of the retailer, many stores have established year-round student discount policies or even "student [...]
- College Books: Get 'em cheap or even FREE!
Goodness knows buying books for college takes a big bite out of any
student or parent's wallet. Luckily, there are a ton of options these
days to get books at a substantially discounted price or even free.
Here's the LOZO on how to get the [...]
- Maximizing Your Aid Eligibility
FinAid's list of strategies to maximize financial aid eligibility
- How to Cut the Cost of College Life
About.com compilation of tips and advice for how to save money on day-to-day college living without major sacrifice
- Seven Pieces of Financial Advice for a High School Student
The Simple Dollar's suggestions for high-school students to cut down unnecessary costs, and where they can make money
- How to Find Free Money for College
MSN's guide to applying for federal and state grants, the biggest source of direct student aid
- Forget Buying, Rent Textbooks Direct From Publisher for College Book Rentals
WalletPop.com description of emerging textbook rental options direct from publishers
- The Insider's Guide to Scholarships
MSN's list of the best places to look for scholarships, and when to apply
- Your 5-Minute Guide to College Costs
MSN's wide selection of tips to reduce the expense of college, from discounts on tuition to daily essentials
- Student Loans 101: What to Look for to Pay for College
The Simple Dollar's tips for evaluating student loan options (article from 2007 but still mostly relevant)
- Cutting Down on the “Hidden” Costs of After-School Activities
The Simple Dollar's list of ten tactics for protecting the family budget while encouraging enriching after-school activities
- Investing in Your Child's Future: Private School Or College Savings?
The Simple Dollar's perspective on whether the costs of private school are justified
- 5 Ways to Save Money on College Textbooks
About.com tips for saving money on college textbooks. The college textbook bill, which can run $900 or more a year, always takes parents by surprise
- College Freebies, Discounts, and Money Saving Tips
About.com tips for helping the college student save money on the everyday costs of living
- Money Saving Tips for College Families
About.com tips for saving money on those 'extra' college expenses - textbooks, lab fees, food and snacks
Page 1 of 2
next page >